Duende PCIe + Drumstrip + Vocalstrip + X-EQ + X-Comp
Buy a Duende PCIe hardware unit with Drumstrip, X-EQ, X-Comp and Vocalstrip for one bargain price.
Unlocking Duende Mini Expanded, Duende Studio Packs and Duende Musicians Bundles
When you buy a Duende Mini Expanded or one of our new Studio Packs or Musicians Bundles you will need to go online, retrieve some Authorization Codes and then copy & paste the codes into your Duende control panel to activate your bundle.
Here is how it is done;
The process is very simple; as soon as you register your Duende hardware unit on our web site the Authorisation Codes for each of the optional plug-ins (or DSP Upgrade) which is applicable to your Pack or Bundle will appear in the ‘My Products’ section of your SSL Profile.
1) Register at www.solidstatelogic.com and then Log In.
2) Go to the ‘My Products’ section of your SSL User Profile.
3) Register your Duende Unit
- Select either Duende Mini or PCIe from the pull down menu.
- Hit the ‘Add’ button.
4) Enter your Duende Authentication ID into the text field which appears and hit the ‘Register’ button.
How to find the Authentication ID of your Duende unit.
- a) Install the Duende hardware and software on your computer according to the instructions provided in the Installation Guide
- b) Open the Duende Prefs Panel (Mac) or Duende Control Panel (PC) and you will see the full serial number of your Duende(s)
- c) If you have multiple Duende units, be sure to have only one plugged in at a time during this procedure
- d) Note that the authentication ID has the following format with six numbers; xxxxx-xx. Please add leading zeros if necessary
Retrieve your Activation Keys and authorise your plug-ins and/or upgrade
If you have correctly entered your Authentication ID and our system recognizes your hardware unit as a Bundle or Pack your duende will appear in the list along with each individual Activation Key to authorise your optional plug-ins and/or upgrade. Each plug-in needs to be activated individually with its own Activation Key.
If your unit is not recognised or you encounter other problems please contact us via these steps:
a) Go to www.solidstatelogic.com
b) Click Duende under the "Support" menu heading
c) Click the "Ask a Question" tab
d) Fill in the form, providing the full serial number of your Duende as shown in the Duende Control panel (PC) or Duende Preferences (Mac)
5) Unlocking the DSP Upgrade (only for Duende Mini):
- a) Open the Duende Control Panel (PC: Start Menu > Programs > Solid State Logic > Duende) or Duende Preferences (Mac: Apple Menu > System Preferences > SSL Duende)
- b) Click the "Upgrade!" button (then 'Unlock' if running V3.x software) and follow the instructions on-screen to enter the Duende Mini DSP Upgrade unlock key shown in your My Products page. The code is 32 characters long, so please use copy and paste to avoid typing errors!
6) Activating your pre-authorized plug-ins:
If you are running Duende v2.x software:
- a) Open the plug-in window (it may open automatically as you insert the plug-in). Press and hold down the Ctrl (PC) or Command (Mac) key while clicking the Duende logo. This will open the Product Activation window.
- b) Enter the plug-in unlock key from your Product Registration page and into the Unlock Key field of the Product Activation window. Click OK
- c) Repeat the procedure for each pre-authorized plug-in
If you are running Duende v3.x software:
Please note that Plug-in and channel count upgrades in v3.x software are all now handled from the Preferences (Mac) or Control (PC) panel
- a) Open the Control or Prefs panel with Duende switched on.
- b) Press the Upgrade button and you will see a list of possible options
- c) Press the Unlock button next to the appropriate option and paste the Activation Key into the box towards the bottom of the panel, then press Okay. You will receive a message confirming that the Upgrade has been carried out successfully; press OK and you will see the word Authorised next to the option. You can now close the Control/Prefs panel